Retrieve Files from Damaged SD Card
SD or Secure Digital cards are small flash memory card which provides high memory capacity in portable devices like mobile phones, tablets, digital cameras and other handheld systems. In SD card, you might have stored hundreds of photo captured using different devices like cameras, smart phones etc. Corruption of SD card may lead to loss of all the photos stored and make the card inaccessible.
Generally, SD cards are highly vulnerable to corruption as they are portable and fragile in nature. If any damage occurs to your SD card then it may corrupt the entire card due to which you can’t able to access it. As a caveat of SD corruption you may often get message like “Your card is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?” At such times, If you click “Yes” the entire card will be formatted and if you choose “No”, your card will remain corrupted. To make it clear, both the decisions are wrong.
Sometimes your cards may not be recognized by the devices in which you are inserting it. Hence all your photos and other important files become inaccessible. Some of the other file loss scenarios in SD cards are
- Deleting the photos to create free space – Your smart phone may annoy you by indicating low memory space when you try to save any important photos in it and you may delete some of the important photos to save new photos.
- Interrupting the SD card – Plugging out the SD card abruptly while it is transferring the photos from one device to another will cause corruption and data loss.
- Using same card in multiple devices – Each device has their own file formats so using the same SD cards in multiple devices may cause corruption which results in photo loss.
- Virus attacks – SD cards may prone to severe virus corruption and become inaccessible entirely.
- Format – Accidently Formatting the SD card results in data loss.
Apart from above said situations, file loss in SD card may happen due to other scenarios also. Irrespective of the scenarios, the photos lost from SD card due to corruption, accidental deletion or due to any other reasons can be recovered within few minutes using Remo Recover software. It supports file recovery from all the leading brands of SD cards. Also different kinds of SD cards like SDXC, SDHC, microSD and XD cards are also supported.
Remo Recover – Enable Faster Recovery of the Photos from SD Cards:
Remo Recover software has advanced scanning algorithm which recover pictures from damaged SD card. It can retrieve the deleted and lost photos from SD cards quickly which are frequently used in cameras, camcorders, and mobile phones etc. It can even recover the RAW images such as ORF, CR2, NEF, KDC, K25, CR2, DNG, etc from the DSLR cameras and restore the files back. This tool can bring back images of various generic types like JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF, etc.
It has multi utility purpose that can deal even with memory cards, memory sticks and compact flash cards etc. The recovered files can be viewed using two options. “File Type View” can be used to view the files based on their types. Using “Data Type View” option you can view the files in hierarchical structure.
Some of the other options used are
“Find” option– used to identify the particular file by specifying the file name or part of the file name.
“Preview” option – this option helps the user to assess the recovered results.
You can add or modify the signatures of file types after file recovery and save the recovered files in any other external storage devices like CD/DVD, external hard drives, FireWires, Pendrives etc.
It is compatible to use all the updated versions of Windows and Mac OS. Versions of Windows operating system supported are Microsoft Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2003 and Windows 2008. Different versions of MAC operating system supported are Mac OS X 10.5.x and above (including Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks and Yosemite).
Leading Brands of SD cards supported by Remo Recover:
Some of the popular brands of SD cards supported by Remo Recover software are SanDisk, Kingston, Transcend, Sony, and Lexar etc.
Precautionary measures to be taken while using SD cards:
- Do not remove the cards while it is in use so that the data loss can be avoided.
- Use updated antivirus software to avoid file damage due to virus attacks.
- Eject the SD cards in a proper way.
- Have the periodic backup of your SD card data so that the files can be reused in data loss scenarios.