Have you formatted the hard drive of your computer unknowingly which contains lot of work documents and other important files? At such instances, the data from the formatted drive cannot be seen anywhere in your device memory, so you may think that it is permanently lost and cannot be retrieved back. But the truth is data still resides in the drive.
Formatting is nothing but, your system has marked the drive which you formatted as “unallocated or blank” space, which means new data is welcome to be placed there. Hence the data is just cannot be seen but it is not completely erased. You may have a wrong assumption that the data is lost forever, but the drive formatted accidently or due to other reasons can be completely recovered back using Remo Recover software.
Remo Recover will recover accidentally formatted hard drive in just few simple mouse clicks. You can also use Remo software to perform data recovery from formatted External USB drives, flash memory cards and iPods etc. The data will be restored along with its original file name, file path and directory structure which enables easy access of files.
Remo Recover – Advanced Features
- Scans the entire formatted hard drive, searches for the files and restores them back
- Restores data from repartitioned or reformatted hard drives
- Data from non-booting or inaccessible hard drives can also be recovered
- Supports recovery of data from SATA, SCSI, IDE hard drives and SD, XD, MMC flash memory cards, external USB drives, FireWire Drives, iPods
- Recover data from FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5, ExFAT drives
- You can create disk images and retrieve data by overcoming the bad sector problems in the drive
The Remo Recover software provides options like Save Recovery Session, Preview, File Type View and Data Type View which facilitates the recovery process. Save Recovery Session option allows you to pause and save the recovered data which can be resumed at any later point of time. Preview is one of the highlighted option which enables you to preview the recovered file and check for its correctness
What are the scenarios responsible for data loss in drives?
- Accidental Formatting or Deletion – This is one of the major reason for file loss from drives where you may select the wrong drive and format it, for example, you might have selected D: instead of E:, which results in the data loss
- Corrupt Hard Drive – The hard drive corruption or bad sectors in the drive leaves you no option but to format the device. At such cases, you need to format the drive otherwise the drive becomes inaccessible.
- Formatting the damaged external hard drive – You have to format the external hard drive if it is severely damaged and becomes inaccessible which leaves you no option.
Some of the other reasons which requires formatting the system are drive corruption due to unreliable third party application, using wrong method of reformatting, reinstalling operating system and upgrading the OS to new version etc. During these process, if you do not take the proper backup then the files from the formatted drive cannot be retrieved back using any normal methods. It needs a strong recovery tool like Remo Recover which has been designed with advanced recovery algorithms and retrieves the data from the formatted drive.
Tips to remember to avoid data loss
- Maintain backup copy of important files in any storage devices
- Before formatting your drive, check whether you have selected the right option
- Drive should not be used immediately after formatting process