There are several reasons which may cause your Outlook 2007 file inaccessible or corrupt. However, you need not worry as to fix such issues Microsoft Outlook 2007 provides you with inbuilt Inbox Repair Tool called as scanpst.exe tool. This tool is also known as first aid kit, when it comes down to Outlook 2007 file corruption.
Whenever your Outlook account refuses to open or displays error messages, then scanpst come handy. It will quickly scan entire 2007 PST file and make sure that structure of Outlook 2007 file is proper. If the structure is not proper then it will re-built it and recreate header file.
Easily use scanpst.exe Tool…
Before we move on to the steps, you should first know the location of your Outlook 2007 data file and scanpst.exe 2007 tool in your system.
Location of Scanpst.exe tool
Microsoft Outlook 2007 (32 bit Windows): C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12
Microsoft Outlook 2007 (64 bit Windows): C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12
Location of Outlook 2007 PST file
- For Windows XP system
Microsoft Outlook 2007: C:\Documents and settings\%username%\local settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\
- For Windows Vista and above
Microsoft Outlook 2007: C:\users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\
Procedure to use Scanpst.exe 2007 utility
- After locating PST file and then start the process by browsing the path of Outlook PST file
- Click on Start option to start scanning process
- A report will be displayed on the screen soon after the scanning process. You can also view detailed information about the report using Detail option
- If you don’t have PST back up copy, then make sure that you have selected the option to maintained backup copy before clicking Repair option
- After completion of repair process, you will get a message stating “Repair completed.”
You need to repeat above procedure until you get message no errors found.
Sometimes scanpst.exe may FAIL!!!
There might be some situation where scanpst.exe file may fail to fix the issues and further may corrupt Outlook 2007 PST file as it works on same Outlook data file. Another disadvantage of the tool is that it might be very time consuming way to repair corrupt PST file.
Then, what can be done???
Don’t worry; you can make use of Remo Repair Outlook (PST) software to repair corrupt / inaccessible PST 2007 file easily. This repairing utility is designed especially to work when scan tool for Outlook 2007 fail to what it is suppose to do. The main highlight of the tool is that it does not work on original PST file instead it creates a separate new file.
How Remo Repair Outlook (PST) Software works?
Outlook PST file repairing software by Remo has read only mechanism which does not modify original Outlook 2007 PST file. During repair process, the tool will deeply scan entire PST file and extract content from it. Then, it will fix the issues accordingly and create separate healthy file.
This recovery utility also recovers all Outlook attributes like events, meeting request, emails, calendar, journal, appointments, notes, contacts, RSS feeds and etc. Moreover, it also restores deleted / lost outlook attributes from any Outlook folders or Deleted Items folder.
Supported Microsoft Outlook versions: Microsoft Outlook 2016, Outlook 2013, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2007, Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2000
Remo Repair Outlook (PST) software can also be used to fix
- Outlook PST file corrupted due to improper Outlook up gradation
- Outlook constantly not responding error
- Microsoft Outlook search index issue
- MS Outlook data file corrupted due to malware threat
Features of Remo Repair Outlook (PST) software
- Ability to generate fixed Outlook data file in 2003-2013 format so that you can easily import it in your Outlook account
- Recovered Outlook items can be viewed in Outlook styled Preview
- Ability to locate PST file in case you don’t know the location of it
- Compatible with all latest versions of Windows operating system including Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
You can make use of this application to repair
- Oversized PST file
- Encrypted Outlook data file
- Password protected / compressed data file
Some Safety Tips to avoid PST File corruption
- Do keep extra copy of important emails and other Outlook attribute
- Check selected items twice before deleting it or emptying it from Deleted Items folder
- Avoid abrupt termination of Outlook profile when in use
- Protect PST file from malicious threat using good antivirus software